We value the members of our team and their stake in what we are building. We pay very competitive salaries, offer performance-based incentives, and referral program benefits.
We are deeply invested in our people and the people most important to them. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including fully covered medical, dental and vision premiums for employees and their dependents.
We strive to foster a workplace where everyone works hard but also has the flexibility and balance to enjoy life outside of the office. We offer an unlimited vacation policy, supportive medical leave options, and paid maternity/paternity leave.
We believe a good workplace enables its team to rise to new challenges, expand their skill sets, and think outside of the box. We offer professional development opportunities, including continued education and training courses, paid certifications, and mentorship programs.
We believe in celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to creating and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
We believe in cultivating a workplace environment where team members feel valued, supported and respected — a place where open communication and collaboration thrive and people look forward to come to work to each day.
Managed IT Services
Service Desk Engineer
PCG Systems is a dynamic Denver-based technology company, specializing in end-to-end managed IT services & IT support, cyber security services, cloud solutions, digital marketing and website design.
At PCG Systems, our mission is to be our clients’ most valued partner.
PCG Systems is seeking a skilled and self-driven, Service Desk Engineer who will play a critical role in providing first point of contact technical support for our Managed IT Services clients.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a cross-functional team dedicated to delivering advanced IT services and business solutions to small and medium-sized businesses nationwide.
As Service Desk Engineer you will act as the first point of contact for Managed IT Services clients seeking technical assistance.
This is a central IT support position which calls for superior client service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users, and a high degree of technical knowledge across a broad range of technologies and products.
Currently this position is 100% remote*
*Although currently a remote position, this role may require occasional on-site visits to client locations in the future. Applicants MUST be able to reliably commute (or willing to relocate at their own expense within 30 days of hire) to Denver, CO.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for Managed IT Services clients seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Address incoming IT support requests in a professional, courteous manner.
- Conduct full and through diagnostics with end users to facilitate successful first point of contact issue resolution.
- Manage IT support requests in a logical and methodical manner, including, but not limited to:
- Correctly logging incidents and issues to ensure issues are given the correct level of priority and attention; and
- Providing proactive/timely updates to keep the client informed of progress and share/document knowledge with team colleagues.
- Take ownership of issues by managing technical support requests through their entire life cycle (i.e., from the first point of contact through resolution) and remaining the single point of contact with the client.
- Ensure all issues are progressed and cleared within the clients’ Service Level Agreement – escalating service requests that require higher level internal support and/or external vendor investigation, as appropriate.
- Diagnose and resolve problems to the client’s satisfaction.
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks.
- Manage scheduled tasks for clients designed to ensure that the clients’ systems remain operational.
- Perform a variety of duties in the monitoring, installation, testing, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software and system or application upgrades.
- Occasional on-site visits may be required in the future.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Documented experience in a help-desk or technical support position.
- In-depth knowledge of network architecture, design, and communication.
- Solid experience working with and supporting a variety business application systems.
- Experience troubleshooting server issues.
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues.
- Experience troubleshooting workstation, peripheral and mobile device issues.
- Experience working with and supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN hardware and administration.
- Experience with basic Microsoft products.
- Experience with O365 products, services and management.
- Solid understanding of firewalls and VPN technology.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Professional industry and/or vendor specific certification(s) preferred.
- Documented experience working for a Managed Service Provider a major plus.
- You are well versed in all aspects of computers systems configuration, setup, and maintenance.
- You have a natural aptitude for identifying, researching, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- You can effectively troubleshoot and solve highly technical problems within a wide range of customer environments.
- You are highly organized and able to work independently and multi-task in a technically evolving, multi-faceted environment.
- You are motivated to deliver a high degree of customer services and can demonstrate a client-first approach to technical support.
- You can communicate clearly, both verbally and written, in an effective, positive, and professional manner.
- You are capable of exercising initiative and judgement to complete a wide range of tasks required.
- You are a collaborative team player and adaptable to different situations and personalities.
- You are flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.
- You are eager to learn new things and driven to develop additional/greater knowledge and skills over time.
At PCG Systems, our core focus is helping our clients accomplish more. We are passionate about providing world-class IT solutions and technical support services that enable our clients to utilize technology to streamline systems and processes, create efficiencies, and support their growth objectives and continued success.
We believe in celebrating that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We are committed to creating and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all team members feel valued, supported, and respected — a place where open communication and collaboration thrive and people look forward to come to work each day.
We value the members of our team and their stake in what we are building. We pay a competitive salary and offer a comprehensive benefits package, including fully covered medical, dental & vision premiums for employees and their dependents.
We strive to create a workplace where everyone works hard but also has the flexibility and balance to enjoy life outside of the office. We offer an unlimited vacation policy and supportive medical leave options.
We believe a good workplace empowers its team to rise to new challenges, expand their skill sets, and think outside of the box. We offer professional development opportunities for employees seeking to advance in their career.
PCG Systems is an equal opportunity employer.